For the Batter
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C plain traditional Greek yogurt (I've never tried using fat-free and don't know how it works)
- 4 C AP flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 C fresh or frozen blueberries tossed with 1 tbsp of flour just before adding to the batter
For the Crumb Topping
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1 1/2 C AP flour
- 1/2 C butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Make crumb topping by combining all ingredients in a bowl and pinching with your fingers until the butter is fully incorporated and it looks like coarse sand. Set aside.
- Combine the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla; mixing until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Alternately add 1/3 flour and 1/3 yogurt to the sugar mixture and repeat, stirring just slightly between each addition. The key to moist muffins is to keep the batter from becoming over mixed. Only mix until no dry spots remain- there will be lumps and that's okay.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, mixing only until they are evenly distributed.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin until 2/3 full. Spoon 1 1/2-2 tbsp of crumb mixture on top of each muffin (it will look like a lot of crumbs).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with only moist crumbs.