Ads 468x60px

Saturday, 10 March 2012

                                                            Fruit salsa


Recipe:
Kiwi, Blackberries, Strawberries, Pineapple and mango



Red: Strawberries are my standard because they hold up really well, they’re usually inexpensive, and everyone loves strawberries. But watermelon, raspberries or pomegranate seeds would be fun too.
Orange: Mango is my top choice because you all know how much I love mangoes! I usually put in a higher ratio of mangoes to other fruit, but that’s just me. Peaches, nectarines, or orangesegments would work.
Yellow: Pineapple! Fresh is best, but in a pinch (uh..like my pictures here) open up a can. I guess nectarines and peaches can also be yellow.
Green: LOVE the bright color and great texture of Kiwi in fruit salsa. There’s always honeydew too.
Blue/Purple: I go with price on this one. Blueberries or blackberries, whichever is cheaper! 
Recipe:
Honey, sugar (brown sugar, powdered sugar, granulated sugar) or agave nectar

Extras:
Cinnamon, mint, coconut, toasted coconut or ginger



No comments:

Post a Comment