Ads 468x60px

Saturday 10 March 2012

                                                            Fruit salsa


Recipe:
Kiwi, Blackberries, Strawberries, Pineapple and mango



RedStrawberries are my standard because they hold up really well, they’re usually inexpensive, and everyone loves strawberries. But watermelonraspberries or pomegranate seeds would be fun too.
OrangeMango is my top choice because you all know how much I love mangoes! I usually put in a higher ratio of mangoes to other fruit, but that’s just me. Peachesnectarines, or orangesegments would work.
YellowPineapple! Fresh is best, but in a pinch (uh..like my pictures here) open up a can. I guess nectarines and peaches can also be yellow.
Green: LOVE the bright color and great texture of Kiwi in fruit salsa. There’s always honeydew too.
Blue/Purple: I go with price on this one. Blueberries or blackberries, whichever is cheaper! 
Recipe:
Honey, sugar (brown sugar, powdered sugar, granulated sugar) or agave nectar

Extras:
Cinnamon, mint, coconut, toasted coconut or ginger



No comments:

Post a Comment